WARRANTY Limited Warranty for Wood Doors
Supplied by JD’s Glassworks Inc. (JDG)
All visible defects or mistakes in shipment must be reported to JDG before the product is installed or trimmed, otherwise product shall be deemed correct and/or acceptable.
All doors supplied by JD’s Glassworks (except those doors expressly excluded from this warranty) are warranted by JDG for one (1) year from the date of shipment by JDG to be of good material and workmanship and to be free from defects at the time of shipment that would render them unserviceable or unfit for the ordinary purposes for which each door is recommended.
JD’s Glassworks will, at its option, either (1) repair any door without charge, or (2) replace any door without charge in whatever stage of fitting and/or finishing it was originally supplied by JDG, or (3) refund the price received by JDG for any door, if the door is found to not comply with this warranty. New replacements shall be provided F.O.B. Woodstock, GA.
JD’s Glassworks shall not be liable for doors repaired or replaced without its prior written consent. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, JDG shall not pay for the cost of labor, installation or finishing of the replacement or original door or for any other cost relating to the replacement of the door, all of which shall be the sole responsibility of the person making the warranty claim.
Warp shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds 1/4 inch in the plane of the door itself. Warp is any distortion in the door itself, and does not refer to the relation of the door to the frame or jamb in which it is hung. The term warp shall include bow, cup and twist. In measuring the amount of warp present in a door, the following method shall be used: Bow, cup and twist shall be measured by placing a straight edge, taut wire or string on the suspected concave face of the door at any angle (i.e., horizontally, vertically, diagonally), with the door in its installed position. The measurement of bow, cup and twist shall be made at the point of maximum distance between the bottom of the straightedge, taut wire or string and the face of the door.
Conditions and Exclusions – Wood Doors
- All six sides of the door must be properly sealed within 48 hours after delivery.
- All doors must be sealed where glass meets wood on the face of the outside.
- Natural variations in the color or texture of the wood are not to be considered as defects.
- Knotty Alder surface checks, knot placement, quantity, or size are not to be considered as defects.
- Panel movement (shrinkage) of 1/4” or less. The panels in your door have been designed to “float.” Seasonal temperature and humidity changes may cause the wood panels in your door to shrink, leaving an unstained line along the panel edge.
- Improperly hung doors or doors that do not swing freely are not covered by warranty.
- Damage due to trimming more than 1/2” from the top or 1/2” from the bottom;
- Doors over 96 inches tall or 36 inches wide are excluded from this warranty. The purchase of a multi-point locking system is highly recommended for oversized doors.
- Damage caused by others or by any cause beyond the control of JDG, including but not limited to damage caused by misuse, abuse, accident, mishandling or by fire, earthquake, storm, tornado, or other acts of nature;
- “Misuse” of a door includes, but is not limited to, using a door on part of a building without providing adequate overhang or an appropriate finish color.
- Adequate overhang depends on the typical weather conditions of the area where the door is to be used. This typically means an overhang projecting a distance from the structure one half the height from the bottom of the door to the base of the overhang structure at the point which is farthest from the door.
- In order to reduce the chance of warping or checking, dark colored finishes should be avoided on all surfaces, especially if the door is exposed to direct sunlight;
- Failure to perform normal homeowner’s maintenance, including maintaining the finish (factory finish or non-factory finish)
- Attempts to repair JDG products other than by JDG;
- Hardwood surface checks that are less than 1/32” in width and/or 2” in length;
- Damage caused by extreme temperature buildup where a storm door is utilized.
- Slight expansion or contraction due to varying environmental conditions, such as temperature and humidity;
- The appearance of field finished doors resulting from variations or unsatisfactory results in gloss level, texture or appearance resulting from the field application of paint or any other finishing material is excluded from this warranty;
- Doors shipped out of the continental United States, Hawaii, or Canada are not warranted.
Limited Warranty for Ornamental Iron Accents Manufactured by JD’s Glassworks Inc.
All Ornamental iron products supplied by JD’s Glassworks (except those expressly excluded from this warranty) are warranted by JDG for one (1) year from the date of shipment by JDG to be of good material and workmanship and to be free from defects at the time of shipment that would render them unserviceable or unfit for the ordinary purposes for which each item is recommended.
Conditions and Exclusions – Ornamental Iron Accents
- The discoloration or rusting of decorative metal accent options, (Grilles, Clavos, Straps, etc.) is excluded from this warranty.
- The iron finish (paint or powder coat) is excluded from this warranty.
Limited Warranty for Factory Finished Doors and Entryways
Manufactured by JD’s Glassworks Inc.
All factory finishes supplied by JD’s Glassworks (except those expressly excluded from this warranty) are warranted by JDG for six (6) months from the date of shipment by JDG to be of good material and workmanship and to be free from defects at the time of shipment that would render them unserviceable or unfit for the ordinary purposes for which each item is recommended.
Conditions and Exclusions – Factory Wood Finish
- Natural variations in the color of the wood are not to be considered as defects.
- Weathering of finish is excluded from this warranty. Finished doors exposed to the elements will weather and require periodic (every 6 months or as needed) reapplication of finish to protect the wood from deterioration.
- Fading of stain color will occur with exposure to sunlight and is excluded from this warranty.
CARE AND HANDLING OF DOORS
Weatherproofing Wood Products: All wood products that are shipped unfinished must be weatherproofed according to industry-accepted care and finishing guidelines. All wood products require sealing within 48 hours of receipt and before exposure to the elements to protect your warranty. All hardware should be removed during the process of sealing, staining and finishing the doors to ensure complete protection of the wood. Once finished, an exterior grade silicone sealant MUST be applied to the exterior of the door along the edge where glass meets wood. This is necessary to prevent water penetration. DO NOT apply this silicone before the door is finished since it will adversely affect the wood’s ability to accept stain and urethane.
WARNING: FAILURE TO SEAL AND FINISH TOP, BOTTOM, AND ALL FOUR SIDES OF DOOR PRIOR TO EXPOSURE TO THE ELEMENTS WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
Weight: The average 36 inch x 80-inch door weighs approximately 100 lbs. boxed. Leaded glass weighs approximately 4 lbs. per square foot. Insulating glass weighs approximately 3-1/2 lbs. per square foot. Triple glazed units are approximately 7-1/2 lbs. per square foot. Consider the weight of your door and take appropriate measures before maneuvering and handling for finish and installation.
MAINTENANCE OF WOOD PRODUCTS
Maintenance of your JD’s entry system will depend primarily upon its exposure to sun, wind, and rain. The greater the exposure to these elements, the more frequently additional finish protection will be required. Intervals can range from as little as 3 months with full exposure to the elements to several years in protected areas. Maintenance can be as simple as touching-up a few small areas around moldings and panels to a complete sanding and application of a new finish. It all depends on the condition of the door and frame. INSPECT YOUR DOOR OFTEN. When your door begins to feel rough to the touch it is probably starting to let moisture penetrate into the wood. If you see the finish begin to flake or peel it is definitely time for refinishing. Your entryway can last a lifetime, but it will need your care to do so.
Limited Warranty for Sealed Glass Units
Manufactured by JD’s Glassworks Inc.
NOTE: Triple Glazed True Insulated glass is the ONLY configuration carrying a limited warranty against internal fogging. Protective double-glazing will experience internal fogging under certain atmospheric conditions. All glass will experience exterior condensation under certain atmospheric conditions. Surface condensation and internal fogging of protective double glazed panels are not to be considered as defects.
JD’s Glassworks, Inc. warrants that door and window Triple Glazed, True Insulated glass units and other sealed insulated glass units will be free from leakage for five (5) years from date of manufacture under the conditions listed below. JDG’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to, at its option and expense, the repair of or replacement of only the defective glass for any insulating glass which it determines to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use and service. New replacements shall be provided F.O.B. Woodstock, GA.
Conditions and Exclusions – Insulated Glass
- Sealant has not been punctured or otherwise damaged to break the seal.
- The sealant has not been exposed to chemicals, such as caulking that is not compatible with TREMCO’s SWIGGLE STRIP.
- Outer glass panel has not been shattered.
- Glass is not warranted from breakage.
Limited Warranty for Non-Sealed Glass Units
Manufactured by JD’s Glassworks Inc.
- Glass is warranted to be free from manufacturing defects and to be built to design specification upon delivery to the customer or F.O.B. Woodstock, GA
- Glass is not warranted from breakage.
- Single safety glass reinforcement (Protective Double-Glazing) is not considered to be true insulating glass. Because of the nature of leaded glass construction, certain weather conditions may produce condensation in doors and windows with safety glass reinforcement. JD’s Glassworks, Inc. will not warranty doors and windows of this type against condensation between the two glass elements.
Care Of Your Glass
Insulated Glass Units or Tempered Safety Glass
Do not use harsh chemicals or scrapers on glass. A good quality glass cleaner or mild soap and water will clean the glass. If you have a spot on the glass that is difficult to remove and use an industrial strength cleaner, be careful not to drip on the wood to prevent damage to the finish.
NOTE: We do not recommend the use of a razor blade or any sharp tool on the glass for cleaning purposes. Scratches to glass are not covered by warranty.
Exposed Leaded Glass Panel
Leaded glass panels are weatherproofed during manufacture. However, they are not waterproof. JD’s Glassworks, Inc. strongly recommends double or triple glazing in applications where the panels are exposed to moderate to severe weather conditions to prevent water leakage over time. Should your single glazed leaded panel show signs of water seepage, JD’s Glassworks will reapply weatherproofing compound at no charge within our Metro Atlanta delivery area during the warranty period.
DO NOT PRESSURE WASH or HOSE DOWN
YOUR DECORATIVE GLASS DOOR or WINDOW.
Follow the cleaning instructions listed above for Insulated Glass and Tempered Safety Glass. Be careful not to nick or deform the caming that joins the glass together.
Apply the cleaner to a cloth and wipe on the art glass element itself. Avoid cleaning the lead came as this will remove the natural black patina finish and tend to make it shiny in spots especially at the solder joints.
If the lead came does become shiny, it may be gently buffed with a dry, medium stiffness bristle brush. This will restore the natural black patina finish and provide a uniform color across the leaded glass panel.
Claims under the Limited Warranty must be made in writing within the period of this warranty and prior to the beginning of any repair work to:
JD’s Glassworks, Inc,
11075 Highway 92, Woodstock, GA 30188.
Claims should detail the date and location of purchase, the nature of the problem, and the name, address and telephone number of the person making the warranty claim. JDG reserves the right and must be given at least a thirty (30) day opportunity to have any door which is the subject of a warranty claim field inspected by a JDG representative where feasible. When an onsite inspection is not feasible, detailed photographs, digital or film may be substituted.
WHEN THE WARRANTY CLAIM CANNOT BE SUBSTANTIATED BY INSPECTION, THE FOLLOWING WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL REPLACEMENT DOORS SUPPLIED UNDER A WARRANTY CLAIM:
- An Invoice will be issued for the full value of the replacement door including shipping/freight charges
- Payment must be received prior to shipment of the replacement door.
- The presumed defective door is to be packaged in the crate and returned to JD’s Glassworks.
- All payments will be refunded upon receipt and verification of the defect. Return of the defective door must be made within 30 days of replacement.
FINAL WARRANTY INSPECTION WILL BE MADE AT THE FACTORY UPON RECEIPT OF THE PRESUMED DEFECTIVE DOOR. IF THE CLAIM IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, A REFUND OF PAYMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED FOR THE REPLACEMENT DOOR.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
THIS WARRANTY SETS FORTH JDG’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ITS PRODUCTS. JDG MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS EXCEPT AS IT IS SET FORTH ABOVE. NO DISTRIBUTOR, DEALER OR REPRESENTATIVE HAS THE AUTHORITY TO CHANGE OR MODIFY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO INSTANCE SHALL JDG BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitation or exclusions may not apply to you. IN SUCH CASE, THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY SHALL BE THE SAME AS THAT OF THE EXPRESSED WARRANTY STATED HEREIN.
NOTE: JDG reserves the right to make product improvement changes in specifications, materials and construction details. JDG’s premier hardwoods vary in color and grain, which can affect the actual finish color. Variances in photography and printing may also cause finish colors shown in catalogs and as displayed on a computer to vary from actual finishes. Final lines and details of delivered product may vary slightly from that of the ‘concept CAD drawings’ supplied during quoting and specification. This variation is not to be considered a defect.